First the challenge....
I am stuck on my Moonta Bay painting.
Well and truly stuck.
I feel very critical of it and it is not looking how I want it to.
I am tempted to start all over again but I will try one more time to save it with a good layer or two. If it works out, I will show you the in between stages as well as the final work...we will see.
And now....a success!
Here is my finished elephant!
I am very pleased with how she turned out.
It was fun experimenting with the shadows even though I felt a little nervous... I worked fast with a foam brush and a baby wipe to soften where needed.
I used paint on a bamboo skewer for her eyes and her head-dress.
The only time I used a paintbrush was when I drew the rough black outline...the rest of the time I used my fingers...which I have happily discovered is by far my preference.
Yay...I am very proud of this one.